Data Academy as a path to become a data engineer
The application for Solita Data Academy is now open! With us you will learn how to build data platforms, implement data pipelines and process and visualize data.Apply
We are looking for future data experts to work either hands-on on data platforms, to help customers manage master data, or to make data visible to the customer, for example through data visualization. We do not expect you to know it all, since depending on your own interests and competence you will get to dive into these topics among others:
- Cloud platforms
- Data modeling
- Data visualization
- Master Data Management
- Continuous delivery
In addition to technical skills Data Engineers have general knowledge of agile methods (Scrum, Kanban) along with awareness of consulting expertise i.e. an understanding of how data can be used to promote and grow a business.
After the Academy your work will include
- Utilizing data in real-world problems
- Defining, designing and implementing different data solutions according to customer needs
- Focus areas include data modeling, data integrations, data warehousing and cloud-based data pipelines and data visualization
In applicants we value
- Genuine interest in data solutions
- Relevant education or knowledge gained by other means (formal or through hobbies)
- Cooperation and communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and become an expert in the field
- Readiness to travel between Solita's offices
- Curiosity about the world around you
Solita Data Academy is not a bootcamp or a trainee program, but an intensive onboarding to Solita’s data business. In such, we expect that you have relevant education through university or polytechnic degree and/or have gained knowledge and skills through work or hobbies.
We will offer you in turn
- Comprehensive training in data business
- A permanent employment and Solita’s employment benefits from day one
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Competent and easy-going community of experts to support your professional growth
- work environment that breathes freedom as well as responsibility and where you can fulfill your true potential and become the data rockstar you aspire to be!
- Caring and diversely talented colleagues who will be there for you every step on the way
We strongly believe that everything we have is found in people. We invest in people’s competence development in multiple different ways whether it’s through info sessions, mentoring or with more comprehensive training modules. We understand that as an employer we have a responsibility to support our people’s wellbeing and work-life balance.
We want to get to know you better: tell us about yourself and whether your passion lies in building data platforms, master data management or data visualization. Send us your application and CV through the form below. You can attach your study records, your GitHub-profile or other relevant documents showcasing your competence.
- Last day to apply is 10th of January
- Video Interviews through RecRight take place during weeks 2-3
- “Face to face” -interviews though Teams will be held during weeks 4-5
- Decision will be made and contracts signed on week 6
- First day at Solita and first day of Academy will be 14th of March 2022
- Data Academy will be organized mixing remote participation and workshops in our main office locations, given that the current situation allows it.
- Academy will be held in English
More information about the Data Academy from our Data Academy recruiter Pauliina Hovila (firstname.lastname@example.org)