Do you want to expand your expertise in a company based upon Nordic values? Become our next Data Engineer!Apply
Solita is a digital transformation company driven by data and human insight. We have implemented hundreds of data-driven solutions for large-scale companies and organisations. Automatization of processes with the help of AI and Machine Learning, as well as helping companies create new data-based services are some of our core competences. We have more than 1000 highly skilled specialists in the fields of software development, data, cloud and service design. We are now looking for a Data Engineer in Germany to join our fairly new team in a start-up style atmosphere with Nordic based work culture. We have offices in Munich and Berlin, but remote work (from Germany) is also possible.
Data is one of Solita’s four areas of expertise. We have more than 200 data specialists, and our knowledge portfolio contains a variety of data-related specialisations involving data solutions in almost all technologies, both in the cloud and otherwise. In Solita, you will be part of a team that is courageous and passionate, but at the same time easy-going.
As a Data Engineer you will:
- build technical solutions that consist of data models, data integration, storage and cloud based data pipelines
- work 90-95% hands-on with configuration, integration, installation, scripting and 5-10% with designing architectures and explaining the solution to customers and team members
- sit at the same table with the top leadership of our customers, IT and business decision-makers and data experts
- use your skills and vision to support the development of our customers’ business
What do we wish for you to have?
- Have experience in one or more of the following: data modelling, data warehousing, databases (SQL/NoSQL) and ETL/ELT. Experience in data warehouse automation in considered as a plus
- Can build data pipelines in one of the following programming languages: Python, R or Java
- We value interest and experience in cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- You are familiar with the software development practices such as version control and CI/CD
- Can implement data solutions for data experts and for business decision-makers
- Have an ability and motivation to learn quickly new technologies and methodologies
- You are fluent in German and English
Get to know one of our data consultants, Kaarel Kõrvemaa, and discover why he loves his job at Solita: People of Solita: Data Consultant Kaarel Kõrvemaa – Solita
We foster a culture of experimentation and autonomy. We strive to provide added value to our customers through our own innovative software product development, which is changing working methods in the industry. The typical length of a project varies from one month to a few years, and the situation can be altered according to your wishes. We believe in autonomous way of working; you have the freedom to choose what you do and the responsibility to get it done. We use modern agile methodologies and modern technologies in our projects. You will have an influence on how Solita develops as a company.
Let’s discuss & get to know each other!
We value your skills, but we are also interested in you as a person. Send us your CV and informal application, and tell us what you are good at and what is your motivation for applying for this position.